Businesses and organizations need to spend their marketing and branding budgets wisely. Instead of focusing upon the production of marketing ‘stuff’ they need to ensure that they are marketing with purpose. That’s what Jud does. He works collaboratively with clients to ensure that their marketing dollars are properly allocated. He works to ensure that marketing efforts align with, support and advance established business objectives.Jud is the proud driver of a Toyota Sienna minivan. He is married, father to three rambunctious boys, a voracious reader of fiction, a non-discerning coffee drinker, a ski racing coordinator (which is challenging for a basketball player) and One Marketing’s resident Marketing and Brand Strategist. He met his wife on one of Canada’s first dating sites. Can you tell?
Professionally, he brings more than 24 years of Marketing, Brand and Communications experience to every client project. He has worked in both Ottawa and Toronto and has collaborated with public and private sector clients at municipal, provincial, national and international levels. Over his career he has had the pleasure of working with a vast array of clients such as IBM Canada, McGill University, Ontario 211, the Canadian Physiotherapy Association and the Canadian Department of Justice. Having helped launch five small businesses he also enjoys providing guidance to other business owners and entrepreneurs.
In between client work and planning his next coffee date Jud often shares his experiences with publications and organizations such as the Retail Council of Canada, Internet World, Technology in Government, the Association of Fundraising Professionals (Ottawa), the Ottawa Business Journal, CityTV, AllBusiness.com and the Canadian Construction Association.
Skill-sets and Services• Brand, Marketing and Communications Audits
• Marketing and Brand Plans
• Stakeholder Interviews
• Group Planning Session
• Content Review, Development and Editing
Recent projects• Marketing Plan for Public Health Agency of Canada
• Stakeholder Engagement Exercise for the International Federation of Biosafety Associations
• Brand Review and Audit for the Canadian Audit and Accountability Foundation
• Brand Review for the Canadian Psychological Association
• Promotional Strategy for the Library of Parliament
• Communications Review & Video Direction for St. Patrick’s Home of Ottawa
• Communications Plan for CICO (Community Information Network of Ottawa)
• Group Planning session for Ottawa Symphony Orchestra